Position Description: General Technical Services, LLC is seeking a talented Power Systems Test Engineer to join a team of qualified and diverse engineers and scientists supporting power and energy technology and system developments for the US Army within the Power Division, C5ISR Center, Command, Power, and Integration Directorate U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM). The Power Division specializes in the research, development, integration, and testing of power and energy technologies and systems for Army Soldier, ground, and air platforms. The Power Division is seeking a talented Power Systems Test Engineer to support energy storage, power component and system level developments and testing for pulse power electronic warfare and directed energy systems on air and ground platforms. The successful candidate will support current and future power system testing for pulse power programs supporting developmental electronic warfare and directed energy systems and maintain the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Perform functional analysis, scheduling analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation/verification and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into test requirements and test plans. Perform activities for system integration, installation, test, operation, maintenance and disposal. Develop test system architecture, develop test plans and procedures, execute testing in accordance with these plans and procedures, and communicate test results.
The ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously. You enjoy working collaboratively and have strong written and verbal skills. You demonstrate strategic big picture thinking and sound decision making. Travel is occasional, consisting of visits to customers for technical reviews, meetings for test planning,
and test conduct. Travel may increase in frequency as system test activity increases during actual test events (30%). This position can be filled at a Principal Power Systems Test Engineer level and can be filled in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD..
- Power Systems Test Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 5+ years of relevant work experience, or a Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience creating test plans and procedures for electrical, electronic, electrochemical, electro- mechanical systems
- Experience participating in test meetings
- Experience writing test reports
- Experience with requirement verification
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
- Experience in development/management of system architecture, and requirements
- Experience testing electrical, electronic and modeling of wide band-gap converters, such as SiC or GaAs Strong fundamentals in systems engineering
- Knowledge of “regenerative” programmable load banks
- Experience with AC and DC power, and power conversion. Specifically, 1 & 3 phase AC – theory, design, & evaluation
- Experience with DC-DC converters – high voltage (270 VDC or higher) operational, evaluation, design, and/or safety experience
- Experience with test equipment such as load banks, power sources, environmental chambers, oscilloscopes, NI DAQs, battery cyclers (Arbin/Maccor), and/or impedance analyzer
- Knowledge of Matlab and Labview. Software experience in the following is desirable: Simulink, CANbus, SMbus, PCB printer software such as Eagle, OrCAD, and SolidWorks
- Experience with proposals, CONOPs.
- Previous engineering experience with Military and/or related Defense systems Desirable experience on simulation, design, and/or testing with V-22 Osprey or Apache or F-35 platform or electrical auxiliary components.
- Current DoD Secret clearance
Position Requirements :
- US Citizenship is mandatory
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
- Ability to interact with customers effectively in resolving routine problems.
The selected candidate will be a contract employee of General Technical Services LLC (GTS). US citizenship is required (security clearance). There may be occasional travel. GTS offers company-funded educational support for job-related training. Other benefits include ten (federal) holidays, a co-funded medical plan, fifteen days of personal time, and
a 401(k)-investment package.
Salary is industry-competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise.
Submit a resume that highlights your qualifications for this specific position to: Career@gtsllc.com.