Ultra-High Purity/Demineralized/Process Cooling Water Systems/Waste Water Plant Operator
Position Description: Waste Water Treatment Systems Operations require a candidate to operate and maintain Ultra-High Purity/Demineralized/Process Cooling Water Systems and waste water treatment systems in accordance with OEM recommendations, specifications, guidance/procedure and standards. The Waste Water Treatment System includes the following components.
Ultra-High Purity/Demineralized/Process Cooling Water System is a complex system of mixed-bed deionizers the cation-exchanger and anion-exchange resins are intimately mixed and contained in a single pressure vessel. Additionally the system contains an array of diagnostic and monitoring systems to monitor it’s purity and readiness
Heavy Metal Removal System: The U.S. Filter-WTS Batch Treatment System is custom designed to provide effective batch treatment of metal bearing wastewater. The equipment has been designed to minimize operated intervention while maximizing the system’s effectiveness. The batch Treatment System is designed to operate automatically after the operator initiates the treatment program, and to process the waste in a continuous step-wise fashion.
Acid Waste Neutralization System: The NS-200-3 is a multi-stage, acid waste neutralization system, which utilizes three stirred tank reactors. This system is configured so that 70-80% of the neutralization takes place in the first reactor and the remaining 20-30% in the second reactor. The third reactor is used for any final pH trim necessary to meet the required effluent limits. This configuration provides the necessary retention time for optimum pH control. The addition of neutralizing reagents takes place automatically utilizing the U.S. Filter control algorithm. The PLC provides proportional addition of neutralizing reagents and ensures that the desired effluent pH is maintained at all times. This control process also prevents the over-addition of reagents.
- Gather, collect, record and generate data related to various aspects of the systems
- Performa daily, and weekly maintenance tasks in accordance with establish policies and procedures and industry best practices
- Obtain and Maintain Waste Water Treatment operation MDE Class 6 to meet the licensing requirements for the State of Maryland.
Position Requirements :
- US Citizenship is mandatory
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Minimum (5) years of DOD or commercial experience in purchasing or finance
- Minimum three (3) years of experience performing financial records processing and financial records management
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; oral and written.
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
- Ability to interact with customers effectively in resolving routine problems.
The selected candidate will be a contract employee of General Technical Services LLC (GTS). US citizenship is required (security clearance). There may be occasional travel. GTS offers company-funded educational support for job-related training. Other benefits include ten (federal) holidays, a co-funded medical plan, fifteen days of personal time, and
a 401(k)-investment package.
Salary is industry-competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise.
Submit a resume that highlights your qualifications for this specific position to: Career@gtsllc.com.